Sunday, July 26, 2009

~ "Revenge is always the weak pleasure of a little and narrow mind" ~ Juvenal ~

I know I don't post on here a whole lot. In fact, I hardly post on here at all, but sometimes things take place that just make me question the integrity of the human race. Sometimes really good people have to endure some really messed up things that other self-absorbed people inflict on them. There is a specific incidence of this going on currently in the cyber world as I know it. The following blog post is strickly my opinion and how I see things.

Without going into a whole lot of detail, there are some really nice people in the forums that I frequent who are having to deal with some really shitty accusations. All these accusations are because one person has appointed herself as the online fraud police. She's doing this to get revenge because she herself was allegedly accused of fraud last year. She was shut down by the online selling venues. This self appointed "fraud investigator" has set out to make consumers question the integrity of her targeted victims and to try to destroy their online business reputations. She's also gone as far as alerting the authorities of her so called "proof of fraud". Btw folks, her blogs, should you happen to come across them, are written to make it look like there is a "group of concerned citizens" that have formed the group. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that this is the vindictive work of just ONE person. If I am wrong, my bad. I also question the length of time this so-called "group" has been "gathering information". (blog states 18 months)

With that said, I would just like to take the time here to support the people this person is targeting. I have been a jewelry maker for the past 5 years. It is a hobby for me, not a business. I don't sell a whole lot of my work, preferring instead to gift it to people or donate it. I have been a member of a couple of the lampworking forums and the online selling venues for a few years. I have known some of these targeted people online for as long as I have frequented the forums. I have purchased merchandise from some of these people. They are upstanding sellers. They run their businesses with integrity. There is nothing fraudulent about them. They have their affairs in order, despite what the "online fraud investigation" states.

With the ugliness out of the way, let's take a look at some of these wonderful artists and what they have to offer.

First of all, Elizabeth Wait of Greyhaven Studio, also known as Betsymn. Check out her fabulous lampwork beads! I have purchased from her with no issues at all. She's a wonderful lady and very talented as well.
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5001779
http://www.artfire.com/users/betsybeads

Next up, let me introduce you to Lydia Muell of Ashton Jewels. I have admired Lydia's work for quite some time. Each of her pieces is absolutely amazing! Check out her website and you'll see exactly what I am talking about. I've known Lydia's online presence since I first joined the lampwork forums. She's such a gentle person and is admired by so many in the lampwork community.

Following Lydia, we have Lenora Gray, of Lenora's Designs. Another very talented and well respected lady in the lampwork community. I've also known Lenora's online presence for as long as I have been a member of the lampwork forums.

Since becoming a member of Etsy & Artfire, I've had several members that I have become fond of. CCtexan3 (name withheld to protect her privacy) and Holly McConnell of Goatmountainarts & Vanillabeanbakery come to mind.

CCtexan3, being a fellow jewelry designer has some wonderfully designed pieces for sale in her Artfire shop http://www.artfire.com/users/cctexan3. Check out her work! You won't be disappointed!

Holly offers soaps, fibers, fabrics and patterns both in her Etsy shop http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5005507

and in her Artfire shop http://www.artfire.com/users/goatmountainarts.

She also offers baked goods on her Vanilla Bean Bakery site and OMG do her baked goods look absolutely D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!!!

So, if you're at all concerned about any of these sellers, don't be. They are all innocent of the accusations that are being flung all over the internet. It's too bad that some people can't use their time more productively instead of trying to harm the reputations of some very good people.

1 comment:

cctexan3 said...

Tonight, I was tiredly checking my name for more libel by that person... it is midnight here now... and much to my surprise and delight, I have found a number of wonderful supportive artists who have chosen to support those of us who have been so libeled.

thank you so much for your kindness, I am so uplifted!