Saturday, October 3, 2009

For a good cause....




Sometimes life doesn't seem fair. A life taken away at such a very young age, so innocent and so naive. We sometimes ask why, we sometimes get angry. I can't imagine what I would do if I were to lose a child, especially one that is still so new to the world.


A fellow co-worker and his family is going through this unthinkable tragedy as I write this. Their little one will soon leave this world and return to his home. I can't comprehend how it must feel waking up each morning and wondering if today will be the last day that I get to share with my loved one, especially a child so young. It must be torture, to say the least.


My fellow co-workers are holding a benefit dinner to help ease the financial burden that the loss of this beautiful child is placing on this family. Although we wish we could take the pain away, we know it is out of our hands. But what we can do to help, we will do.


I have created and will be donating this bracelet and earrings set to put up for auction at the benefit dinner. It seems like such a small thing to do, but every little bit helps. My wish is for lots of people to bid on the set so this family will benefit from it. The set is made up of Swarovski crystals and sterling silver. I wish I could capture the sparkle of this piece on camera.


No comments: