Sunday, October 11, 2009

Taking the plunge.....

Well, I finally decided that it was time to start doing something with all of this jewelry that I was making.

I had previously listed things on Ebay, given lots of things to friends and relatives and collected a huge amount of things that I had made. I had good intentions of selling my jewelry online, but all of the picture taking, writing descriptions and selling my product just didn't appeal to me. It was something that I just couldn't "get into".

My collection of pieces started to become quite some size, and I knew that the time had come that I would have to find them new homes. I mean, I don't even wear all that much jewelry! I couldn't possibly promote myself by wearing my own pieces if I don't wear it!

So, to get to the point, I decided to start listing things. I started over at Artfire. I have a "store" there with my items listed. This prompted me to open a store at ShopHandmade. It's been a couple of weeks now since I've opened my stores over there. So far....there are a few lookers, but no buyers. Maybe my prices are too high?

Regardless, my friend opened a store over at Etsy. I was helping her to promote her store when I got the idea that I may as well open a store there myself. So I did! It just opened today! If you care to check it out, you can find it here.

All three stores carry the same inventory. If a piece sells, it will be removed from all three storefronts. Rather than have different items for each store, I just felt that this way would be easier for me to keep track of for now and it would widen the exposure of the pieces for me. Maybe in the future I will stock different items in each individual store, but for now, I will keep it like this. =]

Take a look around. Maybe there's something that will catch your eye!

No comments: